Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Does the Hallmark man exist?

This time of year, Hallmark channel puts out a lot of cutesy romantic, dare I say, "chick flicks". I'm not a huge fan of these movies but when you're home sick and there is nothing else on, you kinda get drawn in. As a single, divorced, mom of a daughter, I wonder if the message they are sending is accurate. Yes, I have been burned badly by my ex-husband but I try not to let that get in the way of any notions of a future Mr. Right. A girl can still dream though. ;) In every Hallmark movie, the man always seems to be perfect. He loves the single mom and her child, he goes out of his way to be a gentleman, He puts the woman above himself. He has a ton of money, He puts his dreams on hold because she is his dream, yada yada yada. It's a nice fantasy and I know the majority of Hallmark's viewers are women, but really? Maybe I'm in the wrong town, the wrong state, but very seldom does a man even hold the door open for me. Scares me to think that in a few years my own daughter will be dating. Boys today.....morals, values..... Here is my question to my readers. Does the Hallmark man exist? Do you know him?

No comments:

Post a Comment